Who are we?
Nova is a Liverpool-based venture builder. We partner with entrepreneurs to turn ideas into successful, scalable tech startups, in sectors including healthtech, fintech and edtech.
What we do?
With no personal capital investment required, Nova provides entrepreneurs with mentorship, guidance and funding. We invest in startups at the ‘ideas stage’. Our team of over 100 people includes Startup Mentors, Designers, Software Engineers, Product Managers and Marketers globally.
Our business takes a startup from idea, to product, to market with startup success rate is six times higher than the industry average.
What We Are Passionate About
- Working with talented people
- Solving real world problems
- Creating disruptive digital businesses
- Providing great user experience
- Using lean innovation management
- Agile delivery practices
What’s the job role?
- Work closely with founder, business stakeholders and users to understand needs and create solutions which facilitate the startups’ business objectives.
- Use quantitative and qualitative user testing mechanisms, and monitor/engage with all user feedback channels to help inform decisions.
- Be comfortable with business strategy and go-to-market approach
- Support the startup in developing pricing strategies and tracking key performance indicators and financial metrics.
- Ability to understand market trends, partner ecosystems and competitive strategies
- Understand the value of the user experience and technical feasibility when developing requirements for products.
- Lead cross-functional teams in an agile environment to successfully bring products to market.
- Work closely with product design to ensure the user experience is considered as a priority.
- Make product decisions based on evidence that provides a clear rationale why features should, and should not, be prioritised. Identifying both immediate, tactical improvements and longer term growth opportunities.
- Substantially contribute and own the development of the product roadmap by owning and driving meaningful initiatives through the software development lifecycle.
- Create and maintain key product metrics and business metrics and suggest optimisation strategies to increase them appropriately.
- Conduct competitive analysis and identify areas for product differentiation and enhancement.
- Help coordinate with internal stakeholders and external partners on upcoming product releases.
- Build positive relationships with other teams in the business through communication and collaboration.
What we are looking for?
Ideally you are working in a Product Ownership, Business Analyst or Product Manager role and have;
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to use data insights, research and testing methodologies to inform business decisions.
- A drive for product innovation, quality and excellence with a passion for creating new experiences.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Product development experience creating features on b2b or b2c products.
- Proven ability to develop product strategies and effectively communicate these to executive management.
- Strong project management skills; process oriented, organised and detailed.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, including assessing situations, evaluating options and coming up with recommendations.
- An ability to multitask and manage priorities based on opportunity, risk and impact to business.
- Flexible and pragmatic working styles to adapt to various personalities in cross-functional teams.
- Commercial understanding is strongly desired.
- The ability to communicate effectively across all levels in the organisation and founder who may not have English as their first language.
Our aim is to provide an amazing place for great people to work. We do this in a number of ways;
- Gifted shares in Nova after 12 months service
- Work from anywhere and at anytime
- Unlimited paid time off
- Personal development allowance
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Monthly fitness allowance to use how you wish
- Access to our Liverpool Hub
- Weekly yoga (post restrictions)
- Weekly social events (post restrictions)
How do I apply?
Whilst lockdown and social distancing measures continue, all interviews will be conducted via phone or video call. If you are invited to be interviewed in person, this will be in accordance with strict covid-secure workplace regulations.